Saturday, January 28, 2012

Getting to know me and my book Admiral Who

Hello this is The Deposed King of Baen's Bar.  I am starting my very own Blog!  Yeah me!

Okay to start off with I am a Nurse, former Internet Cafe Owner and current Aspiring Author of Science Fiction and Fantasy.

Right now I am working on what will soon be my very first completed novel.  Tentatively titled, Admiral Who.

For those of you who don't know.  Most Full length novels start at 100k or in other words 100,000 words in length and go up much higher, although industry standard is 120K which is what I'm shooting for with thei novel.  You can easily tell how many words you are into your story by cutting and pasting your manuscript and putting it into a microsoft word or microsoft word works, word processor.  Click on the tools section right up at the top on the same line as with File and Edit and View, beside those will be the Tools section.  Click tools a drop down box will occur and then click on 'word count'.  Its that easy and then like me you'll know how far you are into the book.

I am currently 110,282 words into Admiral Who and hope to have it completed by the end of the month.  Which is January 2012.  My daily target this month has been 5000 words per day and so far I've been able to hold firm to that.  January 6th my life changed.  I was building a house and the funding ran out.  Since I had nothing better to do with my time, after the sudden loss of my housing project, I threw myself into my writing.  The first week was basically getting up to speed and after that it was off to the races.  I started January with 27.5k in words written and as I've said I'm up to 100k as or right now!  The only break I've taken has been the last three days when I went to get my CPR card updated.

So here's wishing me the best of luck for the future.  I promise to keep writing up until I either have to go back to work or start making some real money with my writing career.  If my writing career doesn't come through in time I am planning to head back to work and soldier on in my quest for a writing career.  I will write on my days off.

But for the rest of January and as much of february I can swing I plan to write 5k a day to keep the gremlins away.  I will let you know more as I go along further.

Thanks and God Bless,

The Deposed King

2 comments:

  1. You're almost near the finish line on this book! Great work so far. I'm looking forward to reading the finished product.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much my Bear! I'll be sure to send you a copy when its done!

    Have a good one and godbless,

    The Deposed King

    ReplyDelete