Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Its done! I think its done! I think its my first book!!!!


Yay!  And the home team knocks the ball out of the park.  I got on a tear tonight, after a day filled with lack luster performance and I think its safe to say that it is here.  Admiral Who is now Book one a series Chronicling the Continuing Adventures of MPF-1 and its Flagship, The Lucky Clover.

Oh I am just about beside myself right now.  Its too bad I have no load for my phone right now or I'd share the news far and wide.  Hear ye!  Hear ye!  Spread the news far and wide Darkness goes where Dorthan rides.

Herm-herm wrong story and it isn't even mine.

Okay enough silliness aside.  The official word count of the rough draft is (clue in the drum roll) 133,399.  that is 133K of words for this first and very unpolished work of mine.

I don't yet have the whole plot down yet but the next book in the series is tentatively called, Admiral's Gambit.  And fear not, if you liked the first book you will get to stay with all of our favorite characters.  Just make sure to let me know which are the fav's and which ones need work or removal.

(dancing in the street)

This is a milestone people.  No matter how awful people say this book is or how badly its thrashed by my critics, I will always be able to say I have written a book and can now call myself an Author.

I'll keep you updated on my next writing project and how the revision of the rough draft for Admiral Who works itself out.  My brother's got the first half of the draft and was supposed to go through it two weeks ago.  Alas he's been busy with other things and hasn't been able to get around to it.   But rest assured I will post a snippet here once we get to the second draft stage.  I'll also post the whole book on the Baen critique site and add a link here for any of you.  My currently non-existent followers who might be interested.

When I get ready for amazon publishing I'll let (the non-existant) you know.  And give you the blow by blow.



The Deposed King
(and real author)



2 comments: